Forums » General Chat » Virtual Pro

Messages for Virtual Pro

Comment Posted by bluenilsatis Sep 09, 2009 06:03 PM

just incase guys, if the game only allows you to build up your virtual player by hours and hours of play, and this is what members use in the game...we might get the shallow managers and we all know them dont we lol but these managers might just pick players who stats are great, this stopping a decent member who cant get his player up to scratch because of work and family life not getting a game,

if this is to happen how about comeing up with a fair play rule???

cheers guys

Comment Posted by Mark Routledge Sep 10, 2009 04:40 PM

It's a good point but managers in the real world will always try and sign the best players for their team, hopefully there will be a few managers looking for players and it will be up to the person to iumprove their stats if they want to play for a top side.There will be a shoutbox just for free agents on the new site, so they can ask for trials thru the day and managers can go in shoutbox looking for players, which will make it easier for us.

Comment Posted by Mark Routledge Sep 12, 2009 07:46 AM

List for features on Fifavp.com....if we all add to list and then chiz can let us know if it's possible to add.

1.Members to sign up using their real name in stead of using Gamertag & Proflie & Avator should be their Fifa10 Game face.
2.Fifavp.com Banner....Half a Pic...Lads playing footy in the park the other half blended in with Fifa Player in a match,Slogan for the banner "Making Fifa a reality"
3.Public Shoutbox....Team Shoutbox.....Free Agents Shoutbox a place where they can go thru the day and look for Managers to ask for trials and for Managers go on to look for Players..this will be a better system rather than a free agent posting within the forum on the off chance managers will be viewing their post, also meaning there should be healthy online traffic thru the day giving it a real community feel to the site.
4.Managers Shoutbox to be used by both Managers before kick off....this way this can be logged so we have proof if one of the managers fails to show at the agreed time.
5.Players Personnal stats on public view...this is how we can award player of the month awards and teams of the month etc.
6.Zero tolerance towards cheating..no second chance...nobody gets banned for a few months they just get removed from site.
7.League Formats 2 v 2, 5 v 5 10 v 10 all these formats will use Their Virtual Pro. 1 v 1 Ladder can use normal players.
8.10 v 10 is going to big this year and I believe we are ahead of the rest of the sites, but we need to push on, we are still waiting on EA getting back to us...but we need everything in place before the site is up and running...we need to launch the site on Oct 1st Evening time....the interest will be at it's peak before the game comes out...we need a well written press release regarding Fifavp.com posted at the same time on every forum and fifa10 related website.
9.We need a meeting soon as to discuss plans.....in the mean time add to the list with any suggestions, then Chiz can get back to us...The clock is ticking

Comment Posted by Kelley Lewis Sep 14, 2009 01:01 PM

After a discussion yesterday between Myself, Oggy and Chiz regarding the whole process of team entry for formats 2v2, 5v5 and 10v10 there will not be a formal link between these teams and the fifa clubs.

The main reason being that there is no real benefit to link them and also some members will want to play 2v2 or 5v5 seperate from being in a Virtual Professional 10v10 team.

Also fixtures cannot be controlled within clubs. So it remains the same as always. Managers sign up to the website as normal and create a team, this is then approved by one of the admin team. Players register to the site or are added by the manager (If no PC), then assigned to the team. Whether that be 2v2, 5v5 or 10v10.

It is entirely up to the Managers to keep their players in check and ensure they all attend games at the arranged fixture times. There is no requirement from fifavp.com for players to be a member of a Managers online fifa club.

I hope this clear!! If not post here for further discussion!

Cheers

Kel

Comment Posted by chiz Sep 16, 2009 05:55 PM

Here's a decent idea:

A player signs up to the site. He can do any of the following: Join a team or create a new one.

If he joins a team, he's locked into that team. So, it's the team that joins any league, not the player.

If he creates a new team, he obviously has to get members. Have a transfer board, so managers can see who wants to join what team. He then goes to the transfer board and picks a few players out and makes a team. He only needs 1 player to get on the 2v2 league, maybe that's all he wants to do.

This means that if your in a team, you are totally locked to it. IF a new 5v5 league pops up on the site, only the team can enter, which means the player who just joins either has to play in that team, or bugger off and join another team (or start a new 1).

I hope that's clear too, lol.

Comment Posted by Kelley Lewis Sep 16, 2009 06:24 PM

There is problem with that!

Say i sign up and have a 2v2 team, then Oggy creates a 10v10 team and wants to sign me but not my 2v2 partner, I dont want to leave my 2v2 team but I still want to play in the 10v10.. same goes for if someone creates a 5v5 team, i may want to play with different people across three different teams!

Comment Posted by chiz Sep 21, 2009 03:01 PM

You have to be locked to a team. There's no other way of doing this.

Comment Posted by Kelley Lewis Sep 21, 2009 05:49 PM

Ok... Suggestion...

2v2 is moved to ladders.... anyone can join up and play - all stats are finalised at the end of each month, so nice good turn around, need a system to stop teams from refusing to play other active teams etc.

10v10 remains the main driver for the website, 10v10 Managers appoint an assistant manager who can also submit results and one of them can also run a 5v5 league side using any 5 players per game from the 10v10 team?

This would fit in with the current database model. We can work with this, if we find its not working we can reassess.

Happy Days

Cheers

Kel - gr00vy

Comment Posted by Kelley Lewis Sep 21, 2009 06:17 PM

More thoughts on this....

We are looking for serious people who want to compete! take MYM for example... They have a dedicated forum.

Barr signs up with 20 players MYM Team A - They submit themselves to the 10v10 league and the 5v5 league. They will never NOT be able to field a team with so many players to choose from. If we find that teams want more football to keep all of their players interested we can set up other 5v5 or 6v6 leagues to cater for it.

If they get over run with people wanting to play... they set up a B Team

But at all times these players are playing for 1 team... across multiple Leagues, its up to the Manager who he puts in the line ups from his original 20 players.

This could be just what Fifa needs... add VP in with that and we have a winning formula!

If we do it right, all the other fifa sites that carry on doing the same old thing, may even submit their own 20 man strong team choosing the very best players from their website!

With all this in mind, WE should seriously consider all being in the same 20 man team!!

Cheers

Kel - gr00vy

Comment Posted by Mark Routledge Sep 21, 2009 06:30 PM

Liking that Mr Gr00ve.....its fresh...something new.....and thats what we want to do....be the best and be the first...we need a meeting guys...10 days to go.....if the team is back its now time to act!!!!!!!!

Comment Posted by NEILLY81 Sep 22, 2009 06:19 AM

Question

Your Virtual Pro player, do you choose what position he plays from the beginning and work on him, say i choose LB i play there regularly for 10v10 build him up to be a solid LB.... but then what happens in 5v5 if we have to use our pros? ill likely be LM or LF for 5v5, but my pro is a defender, what happens next?

Comment Posted by Mark Routledge Sep 22, 2009 07:10 AM

Good point Mr Neilly....Its looking to me the site will be a 1 v 1 2 v 2 ladder and a 10 v 10 league site

Comment Posted by NEILLY81 Sep 22, 2009 08:20 AM

i would love to see a 5v5 premiership again

Comment Posted by Kelley Lewis Sep 22, 2009 08:41 AM

If your VP player is a defender you can play with him or pick a regular player? Just an idea....

Comment Posted by NEILLY81 Sep 22, 2009 10:00 AM

ok before i ask this question im not deliberately picking holes but....

whats the chances that people will make defenders out fo thier virtual pro, chances are most will be LM/RM CAM and ST, gonna be hard to get a 10v10 team with all positions or it will be a team of attacking players from front to back

just wondering

Comment Posted by Mark Routledge Sep 22, 2009 10:45 AM

I,m thinking of creating my VP as a RCB as thats where i played most of my real footy, this is the beauty of it, managers will have to do a lot searching to get their team balance right.....thats why a shoutbox just for free agents will be a big plus in terms of online traffic thru the day

Comment Posted by NEILLY81 Sep 22, 2009 11:48 AM

im going to be a LWB then i can use as LB or LM :) simples

Comment Posted by Mark Routledge Sep 22, 2009 12:40 PM

The thing is apparently it's a combo of height and weight that directly affects speed and strength so for example:

250lbs + 7'0" will probably be 95 strength and 65 speed
200lbs + 6'0" will probably be 85 strength and 75-80 speed
115lbs + 5'0" will probably be 65 strength and 90-95 speed

then you can have alternatives like:

250lbs + 5'0" would be 80 strength and 80 speed
115lbs + 7'0" would be 75-80 strength and 75-80 speed

I'd imagine it would work something like that.... if you're 7'0" tall you'll never reach 85-95 pace, if you're 250lbs you'll also never reach 85-95 pace.
The same with strength... if you're 115lbs you'll never obtain 85-95 strength, the same if you're 5'0".

So while being tall may work in one respect for defending, it won't work if you're going up against a 5'0", 115lbs striker as he'll just keep the ball on the floor and beat you up using his speed to out pace you

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com